Marketing operations manager
We’re the MarTech Alliance, a learning solutions business for all things marketing technology. We offer martech digital courses, events and resources.
We are based in east London in a vibrant, dog-friendly, free beer providing work space, with a super passionate team. While we have a great office in the hub of London a mix of remote and in office working will be the new norm post the pandemic.
All arms of our business are growing fast, and we are looking for a marketing operations manager to accelerate our training portfolio and events offering.
About the role.
This is a very hands on role suited to a highly ambitious person with a 'get shit done' approach. You will bounce across all areas of the business (stories, events and learning), all data and all platforms.
The role has 7 key areas:
- Data management - Centralise, organise, clean & connect our data sets.
- Platform management - Connect and integrate our platforms, ensuring the flow of data, workflows & marketing/sales operations.
- Marketing campaign operations - Drive marketing campaign performance through:
- streamlining workflows, from house keeping naming conventions to automating data feeds
- creating smart audience profiles
- optimising cross channel communication orchestration
- refining marketing automation
- delivering deeper personalisation
- Sales operations - Drive sales efforts through:
- creating smart audience profiles
- designing lead scoring and routing models
- providing customer and prospect sales intelligence
- Analytics & insights - Manage marketing and sales KPI dashboards and extract key insights.
- Special tech projects - Project lead new tech initiatives from researching, piloting to immersing yourself in learning a new platform and on boarding other team members.
- Continuous learning - Maintain a self-driven initiative to continually improve your knowledge and skill sets across marketing operations and tech.
About your core skill sets.
- Hands on & fast paced - An ability to work in fast pace with tight deadlines, shifting priorities & a natural "roll-up your sleeves" approach.
- Problem solving mindset - An ability to quickly identify issues & their resolution be those from a technical, business operations, CX & commercial perspective alike.
- Translation & simplification - An ability to quickly understand complex concepts & explain them to non-technical people in 'plain English'.
- Project management - Manage & drive projects using agile methodologies.
- Operational efficiency/CX Focused - An ability to understand CX & business processes & how they can be optimised for the end user & business alike.
About your personality.
- Crunchy in decision making & communication
- Self-motivated & focused
- Embrace autonomy
- Meticulous & highly organised
- Systematic & efficiency driven
- Love to learn
- Algorithmic thinking
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving mindset
- Process driven
About your experience.
You will have 4 years+ experience in a similar role. It would be advantageous to have specific experience in:
- Vendor solutions & categories - marketing automation, CRM, web analytics, A/B testing, tag management, CDP, CMS, social media management platforms etc, with platforms such as HubSpot, Google Analytics, SEMRush, or similar.
- Analytics & data management - advanced excel skills, solid understanding of business intelligence tool(s) and intermediate to advanced web analytics level.
- Project management - Experienced in project management.
- Platform integration - Experience stitching and managing a marketing stack.
- Data privacy - Solid understanding of GDPR.
- Previous roles - You may have worked as a data analyst, web analytics executive, marketing operations executive, CRM executive, etc.
About your education.
(Experience in place of formal education welcome).
- BA or Masters in Information Science, Computer Science, or related discipline with technical experience
To apply, email your cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org