MarTech Alliance is dedicated to a harassment-free experience for our employees, our contacts and our partners, online and offline. This page sets out our anti-harassment policy and tells you where you can report violations.
Code of Conduct for all MarTech Alliance activities
MarTech Alliance is dedicated to a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, beliefs or religious opinions. We do not tolerate harassment of anyone within MarTech Alliance’s sphere of activities, in any form, online or offline.
This code of conduct applies to all MarTech Alliance activities, including the MarTech Alliance Festival, the MarTech Alliance Awards, workshops, social events, social media, and mailing lists. It also applies to all interactions between colleagues, and with partners, clients and external contacts via any means, including face-to-face meetings, email, online chat, video calls or any other channel of communication.
How to report an incident
You can make an online report, which may be anonymous, via the form on this page. This will send an alert to a MarTech Alliance team member, who will deal with your issue as promptly as possible, and, if requested (and if you have provided contact details), respond to you with the outcome.
Violations of this code may also be reported face-to-face to any member of the MarTech Alliance team at events.
If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will remove themselves from handling your incident. We will act as promptly as we can to resolve the situation.
What constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct?
Violations include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or personal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, beliefs or religion
- Aggressive language or behaviour towards an individual
- Use of status or power to coerce other/s into acting against their will
- Sexual comments or images shared in public or directly to an individual, without permission
- Inappropriate physical contact; unwelcome sexual attention
- Photography or recording of specific participants unless explicit permission has been given*
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Deliberate intimidation; following or stalking
Those asked to cease in any of the behaviour listed above will be expected to comply immediately. On receiving a report of violations, MarTech Alliance staff may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender; expulsion from an event with no refund; or blocking them from use of our online channels.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the MarTech Alliance team using the reporting process set out above. All reports will be handled in the strictest confidence.
What we expect
In all MarTech Alliance activities, we expect participants to:
- Contribute towards a safe and productive environment where everyone feels able to express themselves without prejudice
- Listen to others’ ideas and contributions; allow everyone to have a chance to speak
- Discuss any disagreements that arise in a respectful and objective manner
- Pay attention when others voice their discomfort or state their boundaries
- Challenge or report any behaviour which does not adhere to this code of conduct
- If you are unsure whether your planned behaviour or comments may cause discomfort to others: ask.
If you need extra help
Please let us know, as soon as possible in advance, if you require any form of support in order to participate in MarTech Alliance activities. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our community for everyone. We want you to be happy in our community. Think before you speak, act, or tweet, and you’ll be helping to make a better experience for all.