Cookies are pieces of information which include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie.
- remember that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get and make sure that the Site runs fast enough;
- store your preferences or your user name and password so that you do not need to input these every time you visit the Site;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of Site for you;
- record activity on our Sites so that we understand how you use our Sites enabling us to better tailor our content, services and marketing to your needs;
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the Site; and
- gather information about the pages on the Site that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit. This information is only collected by reference to the IP address that you are using, but does include information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements on the Site which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.com
Some of the cookies used by our site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services (such as interest based advertising directed at your market segment) on our behalf.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies in general by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking, deleting or turning off cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any queries about cookies.