Who is.. Scott Brinker?
by Ella, on 10 October, 2017
Is there a name more synonymous with martech than Scott Brinker?
As the editor of the chiefmartec marketing technologist blog, author of best selling book 'Hacking Marketing, the conference chair for the Martech Conference in the US, the Hubspot VP Platform Ecosystem...and most importantly (probably) the headline speaker three years running at our very own #MarTechFest, Big Bad Brinks (as we affectionatly call him) has more than earned his title of godfather of martech.
Why we love him
Scott is the brains behind the annual Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic, a monumental visualisation of the global martech vendors. This yearly release has grown exponentially from a humble 150 inclusions in 2011 to a whopping 7k+ in it's recent 2019 iteration, it has spawned stacks of regional versions (including our own UK version)
READ MORE: The 2019 Marketing Landscape Supergraphic
- Between 1986 and 1990 he collaborated with Tim Stryker and Richard Skurnick to create a number of multi-player adventure games for the Major BBS, called Quest for Magic and Kyrandia.
- At the tender age of 21, Scott became the CEO of software company Galacticomm
- Scott will also be headliner for our own awesome MarTech Festival.. for the third year running!
- He was one of the VERY FIRST guests to our Marketing Technology Book Club, check out this clip of Scott chatting about Agile Marketing
- Computer Sciences graduate from Columbia, Scott has a master degree from Harvard as well as an MBA from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Authors the Chief Marketing Technologist blog , chiefmartec.com
- Creator of the incredibly useful marketing technology landscape ‘supergraphic’.
- Co-founded Ion Interactive and now serves as VP Platform Ecosystem at Hubspot.
Where to find out more
- Chiefmartec.com: Scott’s Chief Marketing Technologist blog
- He serves as Program Chair at the Martech Conference every year, crafting the programme alongside the Martech Conference Advisory Board
- Don’t forget to read his ground-breaking book, Hacking Marketing, a guide to marketing management in a software-driven world
Follow Scott Brinker