Who is.. Scott Galloway?
by Ella, on 23 June, 2017
Scott Galloway is an entrepreneur, marketer and uber-cool clinical professor of marketing at the New York University Stern School of Business. Scott is the best selling author of The Four, an intelligent analysis of the world's four horsemen: Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google.
Why we love him
As a Professor, Scott has a unique analytical eye for the marketing space, specifically around digital marketing. His writing and speaking style are one in the same- punchy and straight talking. He doesn’t shy away from voicing his true opinion, clearing away the industry b.s.
- Holds a BA in Economics from the University of California at Los Angeles, as well as an MBA from the University of California at Berkeley.
- Founder of several firms, such as L2, a subscription business; Red envelope, an e-commerce firm; and Prophet, a global brand strategy consultancy.
- Professor of Marketing at NYU Stern School of Business where he teaches Brand Strategy and Digital Marketing
- Author of the Digital IQ Index, a global ranking of luxury brands based on their digital competency.
- New York Times bestselling author and public speaker, and regularly lends his insight to marketing conferences across the world.
Twice as many businesses were started in the Carter administration than are now.— Scott Galloway (@profgalloway) January 5, 2019
Most innovation now comes from China.
Everyone gets excited about Away & Casper — they’re all f***d or semi-f***d.
Pivot w/ @karaswisher https://t.co/TrmaGpODqQ
- Scott is the son of a single mum, and often talks self-deprecating of his home life, particularly his father’s ex-wives (all three of them).
- Scott co-hosts the Pivot podcast with Kara Swisher
- Scott joined us for Marketing & Tech Book Club to chat about his book, The Four
Where to find out more
- Tune in to Youtube/Ted.com to watch his best lectures and presentations
- The MarTech Alliance were lucky to interview him a short while ago, check out the full-length video on our website
- Don’t forget to check out his New York Times bestselling book, The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google
Follow Scott Galloway