Who is... Simon Sinek?
by Ella, on 5 September, 2017
Simon is an author, founder and visionary. He wrote the global bestseller Start with Why in 2009 and its subsequent Ted Talk has become the third most-watched video of all time.
Why we love him
Simon is an unshakeable optimist and passionate ethnographer, who truly imagines a world in which the vast majority of us wake up inspired, feel safe at work and return home fulfilled at the end of the day.
The WHY global phenomenon was just the beginning, and he has gone to write more bestsellers and help transform company culture and create a better working world.
- Studied law at London's City University and received a BA in cultural anthropology from Brandeis University
- Began his career at the New York ad agencies Euro RSCG and Ogilvy & Mather
- Launched his own business, Sinek Partners
- Has written five books. Many of which appeared on bestseller lists
- Has given talks at The UN Global Compact Leaders Summit and at the TED conference
Nice to talk about the origins of the Golden Circle. Thanks @Inc for inviting me to be a part of your How To Make Your Life A Success series. It was fun. For those who are interested, here's the interview: https://t.co/YjayQ5lqad— Simon Sinek (@simonsinek) November 19, 2018
- Simon was born in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom and as a child lived in Johannesburg, South Africa, London, and Hong Kong before settling in the United States.
- Simon's WHY Ted Talk has become the third most watched on TED.com, with over 40 million views and subtitled in 47 languages
Where to find out more
- startwithwhy.com: Simon Sinek's website around his WHY concept
- WHY Ted Talk: Simon's infamous well-watched Ted Talk
- Don't forget to read Simon's groundbreaking book, Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action (as well as his other bestselling books)
Follow Simon Sinek
Looking for other top marketers? Well, you're in luck. We've got the biggest and best names, just waiting to give you a run down on the latest innovations and ideas in martech today.
Click Here to find out about attending #MarTechFest - completely free! Just for you, the person reading this. Because I like you that much. You're welcome. 😘