-> Click here for MarTech Alliance Sponsorship Terms and Conditions 2021
- 1.1. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit a Booking Form (as defined below). Your attention is drawn in particular to Clause 4.1 (Cancellation by you) and Clause 5 (Liability). We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
- 1.2. These Terms and Conditions, together with any terms and conditions stated on the Booking Form (together, the “Ticket Terms and Conditions”) govern the agreement between Martech Alliance Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10679461, and with its registered office at 41 Corsham St, Hoxton, London N1 6DR, UK and VAT number [GB], and the delegate named on the Booking Form (“you” and/or “your”) (together, the “Parties”) in connection with your purchase of a ticket for, and attendance at, the event specified in the Booking Form (the “Event”).
- 1.3. In the event of any inconsistency, conflict or ambiguity between the Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions stated on the Booking Form, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- 1.4. Any queries regarding the Event, Course or the Ticket Terms and Conditions, including any special access requirements, should be sent to email@example.com prior to you submitting a Booking Form.
2. BOOKING AND PAYMENT
- 2.1. To purchase or sign up a ticket for an event or course, you must submit the relevant booking form via www.martechalliance.com, Bizzabo, Zoom, Shopify, or EventBrite in accordance with the instructions set out therein (“Booking Form”). You are responsible for the accuracy of your Booking Form, including in particular in respect of your contact details (which we will use to contact you from time to time and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions).
- 2.2. Submitting a Booking Form constitutes an offer by you to purchase a ticket or sign up for the Event in accordance with the Ticket Terms and Conditions. The Ticket Terms and Conditions apply to the booking of all Event tickets to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
- 2.3. We will confirm receipt of your Booking Form, however your offer shall not be deemed accepted by us until you have received a booking confirmation from us. The Ticket Terms and Conditions will be binding on both Parties from that point.
- 2.4. Where there is a price to attending the Event, following confirmation of your booking we will issue you with an invoice for the full price of your Event ticket (as set out on your Booking Form, plus VAT as applicable) (the “Fee”). The Fee must be paid, in clear funds and in accordance with the instructions set out in the invoice, upon receipt of said invoice. If the total order Fee is less than £2,000.00 GBP you will need to pay online at the time of booking via credit or debit card. Unless otherwise stated therein, the Fee covers your entry for the duration of the Event only and is exclusive of all travel, accommodation, insurance and other costs (all of which must be arranged and met by you).
- 2.5. All registrations must be paid in advance of the first day of the Event, any unpaid registrations will be asked for credit card payment onsite to gain entry.
- 2.6. Fees are strictly payable in advance and all invoices are liable for payment regardless of attendance.
3. IN PERSON & VIRTUAL EVENTS
Compliance with instructions and regulations
- 3.1. Whilst attending the Event you will comply with:
- 3.1.1. All applicable law, including (but not limited to) all health and safety legislation and requirements;
- 3.1.2. All instructions given by us or on our behalf, including (but not limited to) in relation to any security arrangements; and
- 3.1.3. The terms and conditions of the Event venue (a copy of which shall be made available to you at or prior to the Event).
Safety and security
Filming and photography
- 3.2. You are responsible for ensuring your own safety and security whilst attending the Event. Save as set out at Clause 5.1, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you.
- 3.3. We may, at our discretion, choose to photograph, film, broadcast or record the Event. Subject to Clause 3.4, you grant us an irrevocable licence to use and sub-license the use of your name, voice, likeness, image and any contribution made by you at or to the Event in any and all media (whether now known or hereinafter invented) throughout the world and in perpetuity.
- 3.4. You must notify us at least 48 hours prior to the Event if you do not consent to the use of your name, voice, likeness, image and/or contribution in accordance with Clause 3.3. All such notices must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3.5. On the basis that other Event attendees may not consent to the use of their name, voice, likeness, image and/or contribution in accordance with Clause 3.4, we are unable to permit you to photograph, film, broadcast or record the Event without our express prior approval.
- 3.6. We reserve the right to refuse you entry to the Event, or subsequently remove you from the Event, where you fail to comply with the Ticket Terms and Conditions.
- 3.7. Badges must be worn at all times during the Event. Badges are valid for the registered delegate only. Any misuse will result in delegates being denied access to the Event.
3.8. You are not allowed to photograph, film, broadcast or record the Event without our express prior approval.
3.9. We reserve the right to refuse you entry to the Event, or subsequently remove you from the Event, where you fail to comply with the Ticket Terms and Conditions.
3.10. MarTech Alliance will require registrants to access online events via third party platforms such as (although this is subject to change) Zoom, ON24 and Bizzabo. Attendees recognise and confirm that access may require Attendees to be subject to any terms and conditions required by the owner of such third party including any registration requirements, and their privacy policies.
3.11.1. Data from Attendee’s details previously collected or upon Registration to view the Online Event with the relevant Event Sponsors and 3rd Party Owners
3.11.2. Details of the content you have viewed on that 3rd party platform and viewing times with the relevant Event sponsors.
4. COURSE ENROLMENT
4.1. Details of available training courses are published at www.martechalliance.com. Although we have made every effort to describe the content accurately, we cannot guarantee that courses or materials will be exactly as described.
4.2. You need to make sure you select a training course appropriate for your level of knowledge, experience, and learning criteria. For help on evaluating whether an event or course is appropriate for your level of experience, you can email email@example.com.
4.3. You can make a booking online, by emailing one of our sales team or firstname.lastname@example.org. The price of the course will be the price on the order page when you place your order or as confirmed by our team.
4.4. Prices shown on our website do not include VAT.
4.5. When your order has been received and accepted, these terms become a legally binding contract between us.
4.6. If we are unable to accept your order, we will let you know in writing and won’t charge for your booking.
4.7. We accept payment by BACS and all major debit/credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Maestro, Visa Electron, and Visa Purchasing).
4.8. Payment is due 30 days from the invoice date or before the course starts, whichever is sooner.
4.9. In the event that an invoice is not paid on the due date, we reserve our right to charge statutory interest at a rate of 5% plus the Bank of England base rate from the payment due date until the date of actual payment.
4.10. In some cases, we will require certain information from you in order for us to deliver the training. We will contact you in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may exercise our right to end the contract (see below).
4.11. We might need you to download training materials as part of your learning. Students are responsible for checking that any downloaded materials they are using are the most up to date versions.
4.12. In order to maintain the quality of our courses and study materials, we may change the content to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirement.
4.13. In the event that we need to make significant changes to these terms or the product or service, for example changing the date or varying the fees, we will notify you and you will have the option to end the contract before the changes take effect.
MarTech Alliance right to end a contract
4.14. In the event that we have to postpone delivery of your course, for example as a result of a tutor becoming unavailable at short notice, we will contact you. If we are unable to offer a new date we will refund your payment.
4.15. We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
4.15.1. You fail to pay by the due date, or within seven days of us reminding you that payment is due.
4.15.2. You don’t, in a reasonable amount of time, provide us with information that is necessary (as highlighted in clause 3.54) for us to provide the Products or Service.
4.15.3. If we have to cancel as per (a) or (b) above, we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you all reasonable costs and reasonable compensation for the loss and damage we incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
4.16. Changes and cancellations to our courses can be made up to 14 days prior to their commencement.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
5.1. The Intellectual Property Rights in the MarTech Alliance training courses, materials, Assignments, recordings, tests, tools, projects are owned by the MarTech Alliance.
5.2. The Intellectual Property Rights in the Student Output, both as a Student, shall be owned by and shall remain vested in the MarTech Alliance.
5.3. You agree that you will not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, copy, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of an MarTech Alliance training courses or use (other than as permitted under these Terms) reproduce, share or deal in the Course of Study or any part in any way.
5.4. MarTech Alliance Students may not, under any circumstances, upload any of their work or any MarTech Alliance Study Material or Recordings to social media or sharing websites. You agree to reimburse the MarTech Alliance for all loss and damage suffered as a consequence of any postings by you on social media. In such circumstances the MarTech Alliance reserves the right to terminate all licences, permissions, and privileges granted to the student under this Agreement.
6. MARTECH ALLIANCE WEBSITE / PLATFORMS
6.1. The MarTech Alliance website / platforms: www.martechalliance.com and https://martechalliance.curatr3.com are controlled by our team.
6.2. We try our best to serve up the highest quality content. In the unlikely event of an issue with any content on the site, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss of money, opportunity, or reputation caused by using our content.
6.3. There are external links to useful sites on martechalliance.com. We do not accept responsibility for the content on third-party websites – they will have different Terms and Conditions.
7. AMENDMENTS, CANCELLATION AND POSTPONEMENT
No cancellation by you
7.1. Save as expressly set out at Clause 4.3 and 4.4, you shall not be entitled to cancel your booking or receive a refund of the Fee at any time after you have received a booking confirmation from us in accordance with Clause 2.3, whether under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 or otherwise.
Change in delegate
7.2. In the event that you are subsequently unable to attend the Event, you may transfer your booking to a colleague from the same organisation (as specified in the Booking Form) without charge. All such amendments must be notified to us at least 48 hours prior to the date of the Event at email@example.com. Under no circumstances may your Event booking be resold by you or on your behalf. If we have not charged you a Fee in order to attend the Event and you are unable to attend or offer an alternative attendee from the same organisation in accordance with this Clause 4.2, you will be charged the cancellation fees set out in the Booking Form.
Amendments to the Event
7.3. We may, at our sole discretion and without liability to you, make changes to the Event timings, schedule and/or location (provided that any change in location shall be within a reasonable distance of the location previously advertised). Any change in the Event date(s) shall be subject to Clause 4.4 or 4.5, as applicable.
7.4. If you are purchasing as a consumer, for most Products and Services bought online or over the phone you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
7.5. The right to cancel does not apply to:
7.5.1. Courses that have been designed on a bespoke basis and specifically tailored to your requirements.
7.5.2. Products (such as training materials or other digital products) after you have started to download or stream these. c) Services (events, qualifications and courses), once these have commenced.
7.6. By enrolling onto a course where the start date is less than 14 days away, you agree that you have requested that the service begin before the end of the 14 day cancellation period.
7.6.1. If you exercise the right to cancel after booking the course but before the normal 14 days cancellation period has expired, you will be responsible for the cost of the service provided up until the cancellation date. Any refund will be in proportion to the services provided in comparison with the full service.
7.6.2. To exercise your right to cancel you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
7.6.3. If you are eligible, we will refund you the price you paid for your order by the method you used for payment. We will make any refunds due to you within 30 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
7.6.4. You can always end your contract with us. Except where you are exercising your right to cancel as outlined in above, the following cancellation fees will apply to qualification and training courses:
220.127.116.11. With more than 14 days' notice, the cancellation fee is 25%
18.104.22.168. Within 14 days of the commencement date, the cancellation fee is 100%
7.7. Failure to attend any course without notifying the MarTech Alliance incurs a 100% charge.
7.8. If you can’t attend your course, you can appoint a replacement delegate at no extra charge, as long as you notify us by email on email@example.com.
7.9. To transfer to a different date or training courses:
7.9.1. Training courses, more than 14 days' notice, no charge
7.9.2. Training courses, less than 14 days' notice, 25% charge
7.10. In the event that it is necessary to cancel or postpone the Event as a result of any reason outside of our control (as decided by us in our sole discretion):
7.10.1. We will endeavour to arrange a replacement Event and, in such circumstances, your booking and the Ticket Terms and Conditions shall apply to such replacement Event; or
7.10.2. In the event that a replacement Event is:
(a) not confirmed within 90 days of the date of cancellation;
(b) scheduled to take place in a location which is not within a reasonable distance of the location of the cancelled or postponed Event, we will refund you the amount of the Fee. You acknowledge that such refund shall constitute your sole remedy, and our only liability to you, in such circumstances.
7.11. No refunds or credits will be given for non-attendance at the Event.
7.11.1. In the event that we can’t carry out our Course obligations due to something beyond our control, such as but not limited to acts of God; war; acts of terrorism; airline flight cancellations; strikes or lock-outs by third party organisations; flood; and failure of third parties to deliver goods or services, the MarTech Alliance shall be relieved of its obligations and liabilities.
8.1. Nothing in the Contract shall limit or exclude the MarTech Alliance’s liability for:
8.1.1. Death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors.
8.1.2. Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
8.1.3. Breach of the terms implied of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession) or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
8.2. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any indirect or consequential costs or losses suffered by you, whether in contract, tort or otherwise. Indirect costs and losses shall include (but not be limited to) any loss of anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity and loss of publicity.
8.3. The views expressed by any speakers at the Event are their own. We shall not be liable for the views, acts or omissions or any such speaker or any other attendee at the Event. Any information given or distributed as part of the Event shall not constitute advice and should not be relied upon.
8.4. Subject to Clause 5.1, our maximum aggregate liability in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any liability for any negligent act or omission) howsoever arising out of or in connection with the performance of our obligations under the Ticket Terms and Conditions shall be limited to a sum equal to the amount of the Fee.
8.5. You shall indemnify us and keep us indemnified from and against all claims, damage, losses, costs (including, without limitation, all reasonable legal costs), expenses, demands or liabilities arising out of or in connection with any breach by you of the Terms and Conditions.
8.6. You and the organisation specified on the Booking Form (if any) shall be jointly and severally liable for performance of your obligations in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, and you hereby warrant and represent that you have all necessary authority, consents and approvals to bind such organisation (if any) to the extent set out in this Clause 9.6.
8.7. Subject to the above clause, the MarTech Alliance shall not be liable to the customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for: loss of profits; loss of sales or business; loss of agreements or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of use or corruption of software, data or information; loss of damage to goodwill; and any indirect or consequential loss.
8.8. Subject to the clause above, the MarTech Alliance's total liability to the customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract shall be limited to 100% of the total Charges paid under the Contract.
8.9. This clause shall survive termination of the Contract. reserves the right to terminate all licences, permissions, and membership privileges granted to the member under this Agreement.
9.1. We shall comply with our anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies (available to you on request) as updated from time to time.
9.2. Failure to comply with clause 6.1 shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions.
10. USE OF INFORMATION
10.1. We may share the information provided by you to us, including via your Booking Form, with our employees, officers, representatives and/or sub-contractors in connection with the administration of the Event and to ensure your notified requirements (if any) are met.
10.2. In addition, but subject to Clause 11.1:
10.2.1. Your job title and organisation will be included on a delegate list, which will be available to all attendees at the Event; and
10.2.2. Your information will be shared with Event sponsors/partners if a) you attend an in-person or online session given by a sponsor / partner b) your badge is scanned by a sponsor c) you register for an in-person or online session given by a sponsor / partner. This will enable them to follow up with presentations or relevant information on products or services which they believe may be of interest to you.
10.3. You must notify us at least 48 hours prior to the Event if you do not consent to the use of your information in accordance with Clause 7.2. All such notices should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.1. The Ticket Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Parties and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between the Parties, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
11.2. Both Parties agree that they shall not have any remedy in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in the Ticket Terms and Conditions, and further that they shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based on any statement in the Ticket Terms and Conditions.
11.3. We may transfer our rights and obligations under the Ticket Terms and Conditions to another organisation, provided that this will not affect your rights or our obligations to you. Save as set out at Clause 4.2, you may not transfer, assign, sub-licence, sub-contract, divest or otherwise deal with your rights or obligations under the Ticket Terms and Conditions without our prior written consent.
Third party rights
11.4. The Ticket Terms and Conditions are personal to the Parties, and no third party shall have any rights, including under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, to enforce the same.
11.5. No failure or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy provided under this the Ticket Terms and Conditions or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict our further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict our further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
11.6. If any provision or part-provision of the Ticket Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this Clause 8.6 shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Ticket Terms and Conditions.
Rights and remedies
11.7. The rights and remedies provided under the Ticket Terms and Conditions are in addition to, and not exclusive of, any rights or remedies provided by law.
12. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
12.1. These Terms and Conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law.
12.2. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions (including any non-contractual terms). However, if you are a consumer and are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
13.1. Competition Terms & Conditions can be found here.
14. 1 Self-referrals are not allowed. Cheating will get you permanently banned from our referral program.
14.2 We reserve the right to disqualify rewards earned through fraudulent, illegal, or abusive methods.
14.3 We will only count referrals on links that are automatically tracked and reported by our system. We will not credit a referral if someone says they signed up or someone says they entered a referral code and it was not tracked by our system.
14.4 We reserve the right to change the terms of service for our referral program at any time.
14.5 You may not use our referral program for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not violate any laws in your jurisdiction.