Who is... Emily Chang?
by Ella, on 19 September, 2017
Emily Chang is an American journalist, author and current Bloomberg TV anchor. More than anything else, she is an unlucky player in the man's game of Silicone Valley. Her book, Brotopia: Breaking Up the Boys' Club of Silicon Valley fearlessly exposes this uneven battle ground.
Why we love her
Emily Chang is the self-embodiment of female visibility in business. Her book Brotopia, continued the conversation, and her own impressive media career is helping finish it. Emily is both an author and TV anchor and has interviewed key tech companies, bringing startups to the forefront as well as the entrepreneurs behind them.
- Harvard University, Social Studies
- NBC News, Reporter
- CNN, Correspondent
- Bloomberg LP; Anchor, Bloomberg Technology
Aaaand here’s the podcast version of my Studio 1.0 sitdown with @AllRaise co-founders @aileenlee @mahaibrahim @kirstenagreen! A wide-ranging convo from diversity to tariffs, Sheryl Sandberg & Elon Musk https://t.co/32UwFYgkkG pic.twitter.com/TDbY6Y5SiF— Emily Chang (@emilychangtv) January 25, 2019
- Emily was born and raised in Kailua, Hawaii
- Emily sits on the board of BUILD, a national non-profit organisation that uses entrepreneurship to excite and propel disengaged, low-income students
Where to find out more
- Bloomberg: Emily has written numerous stories for the website
- Don't forget to check out her book, Brotopia: Breaking Up the Boys' Club of Silicon Valley
Follow Emily Chang
Want to hear more from people disrupting the industry? Then, come listen to out Diversity and Inclusion in Marketing in 2021 panellists discuss whether things have really changed at this years #MarTechFest Dial Up!
Click here to find out about attending #MarTechFest - completely free! Just for you, the person reading this. Because I like you that much. You're welcome. 😘