Who is.. Gary Vaynerchuk?
by Ella, on 1 July, 2018
Gary Vaynerchuk is a self-starter, and social media master. Gary is a prestigious keynote speaker and podcast host, as well as the author of a multitude of bestselling books on entrepreneurship and social media marketing, such as his most recent: Crushing It!
Why we love him
Gary has been called the king of social media marketing, and it has taken years of chasing coin to earn such a moniker. Gary is a savvy business man who realised early on how fundamental social media and digital marketing are to creating a profitable business model.
- Graduated with a bachelor degree from Mount Ida College in Newton, Massachusetts.
- Set up winelibrary.com after college and saw the business grow from $3 million to $60 million a year.
- Built VaynerMedia and Vayner X, becoming CEO and Chairman respectively
- Five-time New York Times bestselling author as well as frequent public speaker, creator of online documentary, DailyVee, and the top 100 global podcast, The GaryVee Audio Experience.
- Gary is a big fan of football. In fact, after launching Wine Library TV he could be seen spitting wine from his tastings into a New York Jets bucket. He even sees buying the team as one of his ultimate goals
- Gary enjoys a good selfie. In fact, while being introduced as a judge at the 88th Miss America Pageant he cheekily pulled out his phone and imitated taking a pic!
Where to find out more
- Garyvaynerchuk.com, his own website which holds informative resources such as his blog and podcast
- Don’t forget to read his bestselling books:
- Crush It: Why Now is the Time to Cash in on your Passion
- The Thank You Economy
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How To Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
- AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur’s Take on Leadership, Social Media and Self-Awareness
- Crushing It: How Great Entrepreneurs Build and Influence- and How You Can, Too
Follow Gary Vaynerchuk